Thank Alabama Teachers Week
They’re more than just teachers. They’re counselors, coaches, mentors, and friends. This week, let’s show thanks to those that do it all.
NOVEMBER 15 – 21, 2021
HOW TO THANK ALABAMA TEACHERS
- Give a shoutout to a special teacher in your life on social media using #ThankALTeachers.
- Donate classroom supplies to a school near you. Contact the front office for needed items.
- Write a ‘Thank You’ note to a teacher who made an impact on your life.
- Offer a discount to Alabama teachers during Alabama Teachers Week, November 15-21.
- Use your storefront to spread awareness of Thank Alabama Teachers Week via signage or through social media.
- Drop off coffee, snacks, or treats for the teacher’s lounge at a local school.
- Show support through this year’s Student Participation themes throughout Thank Alabama Teachers Week.
- Highlight your school’s participation in Thank Alabama Teachers Week onsocial media using the hashtag #ThankALTeachers.
- Sign up to be a volunteer at your child’s school.
& Public Officials
- Use your website and social media platforms to spread awareness of Thank Alabama Teachers Week, November 15-21.
- Encourage local businesses and organizations to get involved via city council meetings, newsletters, and personal calls or emails.
- Post ‘Thank You’ messages via outdoor signage with flyers, digital marquees, and banners.
Say ‘Thank You’
Write a letter to a special teacher in your life.
Treat Your Teacher
Surprise your teacher with a thoughtful item like sweet treat or an item for their desk. *Must be under $25.
Be a Helper
Help your teacher with a chore in the classroom such as cleaning the whiteboard, sweeping, sanitizing, or organizing books or supplies.
Stock Classroom Supplies
Bring a classroom item from your teacher’s supply wishlist. Check with your teacher for items in need.
Dress Like Your Favorite Teacher
Honor your favorite teacher by dressing like them! Use a lanyard or a name tag with your teacher’s name, and be sure to post photos on social media using #ThankALTeachers.