In one of the toughest years we can remember, our Alabama teachers became even tougher. Let’s show them how much they’re appreciated.
- The Alabama State Department of Education is honoring educators across Alabama with a special Thank Alabama Teachers Week beginning Nov. 16 and concluding on Nov. 22.
- Gov. Kay Ivey made an official proclamation, calling on individuals and businesses across the state to express gratitude for our teachers.
- Alabama teachers have faced unprecedented challenges this year, from ensuring classrooms are safe for in-person learning to adjusting to the new realities of online teaching.
- Individuals are encouraged to say thank you on social media by posting a story, photo or video of a teacher in their life, and using the hashtag #ThankALTeachers.
- To learn more about the Thank Alabama Teachers initiative, visit weteachalabama.com